l’aller à bicyclette
Traveling around 7KM everyday in an auto-rickshaw to office took 20-30 minutes. Most of the time the rickshaw was stuck in traffic. I thought that riding a cycle to office wouldn’t take too much time. It will also be healthy, nature friendly and saves money.
After few researches and trials on my friend’s cycle, I decided to by Hercules Roadeo A-100.
A cool ride with 21-speed shift gears. Other features of the cycle are:
- Disk break in the front and V-break in the back – For effective breaking
- Front and rear shock-absorb – For comfortable ride and a healthy back
- Aero Profile Alloy Rims – Dust and Rust free
- Quick release on the seat clamp – Easy to adjust seat height
- Quick release on the front wheel – Easy to dismount while traveling
- Alloy Frame – Light weight and better look and appeal
First few days of my ride was bit tiresome. I realised it is because I am not shifting the gears correctly. Once I got the technique right, the ride was superb. It took 35 – 40 minutes to reach office even in a heavy traffic. The benefit of having a cycle are:
- Flexibility to move the cycle while in traffic
- Taking short-cuts where only people and cycles can go
- Taking the pavements when there is stalled traffic
- Reach at almost same time everyday even there is heavy traffic
It’s been about two months since I have started riding my new cycle to office. Reminds me of my college days when I used to got to my college with my friend.