Lasso your anger
All of us have felt anger. Is it OK to be angry? Yes, It is. All emotions including anger are normal when they are under our control. If an emotion start controlling us and our behavior, it might lead to catastrophe. Anger seems to be the most destructive of all the emotions. Lets try to understand anger, then look at few ways to control it.
Classification of Anger
Anger also vary in duration. There are people whose anger endures long period of time while for others it just come and go.
Physical effects of anger
Psychological effects of anger
Anger and Corporate Culture
How to control ‘Anger’?
- Keep a ‘smile’ and feel happy – If you are happy and smiling, it is easy to avoid situations that might trigger anger.
- Yoga / Exercise – Yoga and exercising keeps your your mind fresh and pleasant.
- Organise yourself – If everything is in place, you feel good and it helps in avoiding situations which might trigger anger.
- Deep Breathing – It is useful to control anger in it’s initial stages. You could probably count 1 – 10 and breath deeply along with it.
- Chanting – Repeating some mantras or calm phrases would help in controlling anger.
- Think about something / someone you like very much – This is a way to shift your mind from the situation you are in that could probably trigger your anger.
- Anger Management Programs – There are intensive training programs where people will learn to understand their anger, and equip them with effective tools and techniques to manage anger.